As a refresher, here's what the Living Room looked like before we moved in.
What we have:
A large purple L shaped sectional couch, a modern console from Crate & Barrel (below), a dance belt, a tube of chapstick and a dream.
What we want:
- A warm comfortable space which will be a living/family room.
- A space that will make an impact, and set the "tone" for the rest of the home. We live in a Victorian home, but our style is not necessarily classic Victorian.
- To retain the original architectural details, which we love. We want to strip the white paint from the two windows, so that the original woodwork is highlighted. To that end, we probably also add matching crown moulding to highlight the high ceilings.
- Clean modern window treatments which complement the lovely wooden blinds.
- Framed large scale prints of some of our favorite photos, including the two below (taken by yours truly) while living in NYC
So here's what we've done so far.
Drake taped off and primed the whole space
Then he primed it
Then he painted it with Valspar Honey Pot, and here's what we have (before pics included for comparison sake)
Not necessarily a Before & After, but at least a Before & Now :)