February Baby Sweater

I've had this one earmarked since 2008--
Bought some silky fingerling merino from Sundara in the Poppy colorway:

Love this yarn!  I made one glove in it back when I got it a million years ago too
Still waiting on glove number two, and I think I even have enough yarn for it!


Elizabeth Zimmerman was a knitting guru and responsible for this adorable pattern from her book The Knitter's Almanac.

I first came across it on Brooklyn Tweed a really wonderful blog by a knitter/photographer in Brooklyn who knitted this:

Beautiful right?  And this is how I came to know Sundara yarn.  

I knit this in the round instead of on two needles, and I picked up the stitches under the arms so that it was entirely seamless.  

A very fun knit.  It was also the first time that I've tried to knit lace.  It was moderately successful.  There were definitely rows where I fell out of sync and may have shifted the pattern over a stitch or two, but I forgave myself and moved on.  
See-- if you look across the body right where the arms met you can see I messed with the lace a bit, but I bet when it's on an actual baby no one will notice :) 




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts