Subtlety, always subtlety.

This was my theme for this year's Halloween decorations.  I'm not finished yet, but thought I'd give you a sneak peek.  The decorations went up yesterday (October 1) because the Homecoming Parade goes right by our house, and I wanted to be sure that we were ready for viewing.  Many of the exterior house projects were done with that goal in mind.  Nothing prompts a sprucing quite like hundreds of people on your lawn.

Now remember.  Subtlety.
Mums with a black shroud, check.

Some pumpkins on our tree-stump end tables (+ more shrouds), check.

One (just one) Skeleton on the door, check. 

Now here's where things went a little hay-wire...
Candy striping on the columns and spiderwebs...
oh well.  we started subtle, but sometimes I can't help myself.  

Truly, though, I'm thinking of changing the striping to black, and doing all of the columns. 
More refined, you know?

Comments

Popular Posts