Nap Project: Black Candy Striping

I started out with the Halloween decor a couple weeks ago, and I loved the idea of candy-striping the columns.  Here's what we ended up with: 

Pretty cute, BUT 
1. I couldn't stop looking at the chipped paint all around the porch trim.  
2. Those orange stripes?  Streamers.  It rained. 

So the wheels in my head started turning, and this happened:


But Alta, you say, You can't Duck Tape freshly painted columns!  
(See this?  This was our half way before/after shot of fresh paint.  It's now finished:)



So in a moment of creative multi-tasking genius, I decided that first I would roll out the duct tape on the carpet, thereby achieving total KO of it's sticking power AND vaccuming the floor ALL IN ONE! 
Brilliant!  So we went from this:

to this:

It ended up taking about 5 yards of unstuck duck tape per column, and it was a 20 yard roll, so I have one left to tackle.  Next up, I'll replace the spiderwebs.  They had to come down for the painting :) 

Comments

Popular Posts