He turned one by the way... incredible.
But now it's summer! glorious summer! We have such plans. Last night we sat and wrote a (5 page) list of all of the things we wanted to do this summer. Obviously, we will not get them all done, but at the top of the list (right after acquire a piano. We're musicians! How do we still not have a piano?!) are our Bedroom and the back patio. Remember our bedroom? It basically still looks the way it looked the first time we saw the house:
Sad. sad. sad. There is no taxidermied fowl anymore. But that's about all the change that has occurred. PLANS!
1. Build this awesome Master Closet System designed by Ana White
2. GET RID OF THE PLAID ONCE AND FOR ALL.
4. Perhaps vault the ceiling? We're thinking that we could cut out the drop ceiling and vault it up into the attic, but that may be more than we are capable of doing ourselves, so we'll see about that one....
5. Re-tile and paint the bathroom
Now, Back Patio options abound.... here's some inspiration that we're working with:
We have an arbor already back there, and hung a few cute lanterns from it for Drake's birthday party last year
We took down the fake ferns and the hmmm... what do you call that? That wooden stuff that goes between the structure of the arbor? that stuff.
So now we want to get some outdoor fabric that we can use as a shade cover and will be beautiful and flow-y
something like this
So now to catch you up! Here's the work we've already done that I'll be reporting on over the next few weeks:
- Stripped, and used paintable textured wallpaper in the downstairs bathroom
- Painted over the wood paneling in our hallway and started two gallery walls
- Planted an herb garden in one of our windowboxes!
We'll also be working alot on landscaping this summer, so there will be countless reports on that I'm sure. I can already report that in one of my first gardening experiences of the season I was pruning back some decorative grasses that have gotten out of hand and almost hit a frog with a hoe, then I screamed and ran inside.
See you soon :)