Enid's Apple Pie contest!

Today Joey (my brother) and I entered an apple pie in Enid's apple pie contest. It was a super busy day and we had to take the pie directly out of the oven and run it over there in time for the 6:00 deadline. The whole time, I imagined tripping and falling face first into a steaming hot pie on the sidewalk. I didn't.They were featuring "foods-on-a-stick" so we had corndogs and caramel apples. Then we waited while they judged the pies.... It was so crowded that we didn't get to see who won :(
I sent Joey into the fray to retrieve the pie, but it was pretty well gutted by the time he got it back. Then on the way out the door we were shanghaied by more people with forks. It was fun :)

Joey said my pie should've at least won "Best Personality"This was my favorite! not sure whether or not it won anything, because it was too crowded to see the winners.

Comments

Popular Posts